I love music. I love singing. I love dancing to music. I can remember as a little girl dancing around the house singing. I can even remember driving my family crazy because I liked to sing in the car, as well. I just can't help it! I love to sing! Most importantly, I love to sing to God. At night, as I'm getting ready for bed, I love to sing old hymns. You know, the good ones that many churches don't seem to play any more. Have you ever stopped and thought about the words to some of these songs? They are powerful! One that I sing quite often is "Trust and Obey."
Trust and obey,
For there's no other way,
To be happy in Jesus,
But to trust and obey.
Sometimes it can be hard to be "happy in Jesus." Especially in Africa. Especially in hot, sandy, sweaty, no electricity, no water Africa. I've had many days where I have not been "happy in Jesus." Days where I just grumble and gripe. Days where I disgust myself with my selfishness. That's when I bring this song to mind. I am trusting and obeying Jesus by being here. There is no other way for me right now. I should try my hardest to be happy in Jesus because I am trusting and obeying Him.
Anyways, I thought I would share a few pics from some recent fun times! Enjoy!
Now, Liz, save some for the rest of us!
Cutting up food for the feast!
Me and Tricia and our enormous sunglasses that overpower the picture ...
Cooking a la Senegalese ...
No comments:
Post a Comment