Sunday, April 4, 2010

Laughter

Has the Bible ever made you laugh? I love it when that happens. It reminds me that God has a sense of humor. This morning, I was reading through the different accounts of Jesus' resurrection and I love Luke's account. The women (Mary Magdalene, Joanna, Mary mother of James, and several others) have just discovered the empty tomb and have run back to tell the disciples. But what do the disciples do? They don't believe because their words "seem like nonsense!" I just started to giggle! I can just imagine these women running up to the disciples, frantic and scared, but the men only shake their heads and mutter, "Crazy women. They don't know what they are talking about."

One man though, Peter, is different. He decides he wants to check this out. He runs to the tomb and discovers that the "crazy" women are telling the truth! I can just imagine the ladies retorting, "Told ya so!" That made me laugh too.

I love to laugh. I love people who make me laugh. I did a lot of laughing today. I had a fun Easter with the Forsythes, Liz, Tricia, and several other friends here in Fatick. We laughed when I failed big time at trying to cut an onion without a cutting board - Senegalese style. We laughed when the kids rushed frantically around the yard scouting out eggs. We laughed when Marie Noelle told jokes. We laughed at Liz and Tricia's music video. I believe this is one of the best ways to celebrate our risen Savior - in fellowship with others; in community with people we care about. I truly care about each one of these people. I might not be the best at showing it, but I do. And I loved every minute of today.

2 comments:

ItIsTrish88 said...

True that about laughter being a good witness. I think laughter is a sign of love, and the world will know we are followers of Jesus by our love. AND laughter is the overflow of joy, and joy is one of the fruits of having the Spirit.

I care about you, too! Today was awesome.

Mary said...

Sounds like a great day, Holly. Worshiping, loving and laughing together- what could be better! Being with you for a week, I got to know a very loving person.