Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Hello from Dakar!

After a long, but smooth flight from New Orleans - Atlanta - then on to Dakar, I am sitting in the living room of the guest house here. I honestly did not sleep from the 5 am monday morning Louisiana time until 9 pm Tuesday evening Dakar time (Senegal is five hours ahead of central standard time). I slept the whole night through last night, until about 6 am. I feel pretty rested, but the jet-lag is catching up with me. I'll be good as new after a few days. Liz made it here safely too. Oh, and I almost forgot, we all arrived with every piece of our luggage! I do believe that is quite an accomplishment!

We did some shopping at a really nice grocery store named "Casino." They have a few American products (or at least the French version of them) and lots of French products. I can pretty much get everything that I need there. So when I say I'm going to the "Casino," I'm not going to play poker ...

Now that Liz is here, we're going to do quite a bit of shopping today. We are stocking up on the things we can't find in our village. We'll be leaving Dakar on Thursday, possibly Friday, to head to our home! The city is so different from the village, and to be honest, I think I might prefer the slow-paced village life ... Dakar is a busy place!

I'll post pictures soon! Also, please be praying about our language learning situations. We have lots of possibilities, it's just deciding which one would be best that's tough. Pray for God's guidance and discernment.

No comments: