As I sit here, my last day in the US for at least two years, I look out the window at a foggy New Orleans. I got up early this morning, made sure that I had everything packed (and of course, I still forgot somethings!), kissed my kitty babies goodbye (and my mom of course!), and loaded up my car with my three suitcases. My dad and I, after some re-shuffling of items, managed to get both my suitcases right at 50 lbs! I just saved myself $150!!!! Yay for my awesome packing skills! I even still managed to fit all six of my Bath and Body Works hand soaps!
Pray that all my flights go smoothly and that all my stuff makes it safely to Dakar. Also, Liz and the girlies I'll be working with are flying today as well, so please pray for them also. And, in the wise words of Forrest Gump, "Life is like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna get." So, we'll see what Delta airlines and Dakar has in it's box of chocolates for me when I arrive!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
hey holly!
stumbled upon your blog! and wow! you are heading to dakar! or more like you are there now lol. hope you had a nice flight and stay safe =)
Post a Comment