Living with no TV on a campus with about 300 other people can be interesting at times. My life is filled with classes (sessions as we actually call them), eating (the cafeteria food is pretty good - most of the time!), reading, studying, quilting (there are ladies here who teach you how to do it - I just finished my second one!), and finding things to do when you are not consumed with the previously mentioned activities. Well, this weekend, a couple of us girls were out shopping for clothing on sale to take to West Africa with us. While we were in Wal-Mart, I thought to myself, "I have been wanting to pierce my ears again for quite some time." So I did. (At least I didn't get my nose pierced like many of the other girls! It looks cute on them, but I don't think I could pull it off!) I walked up to the jewelry counter and got a second hole in each ear. The earrings are actually quite cute too - little crystal flowers.
I also survived my first round of shots - hep. A and polio. The hep A. booster was the only one that hurt - but I am having an allergic reaction of sorts to the polio. I get a second round of shots Friday, so pray for me!
I also got my airplane tickets (or at least the official reservation) this past week. I fly out Jan. 5 and arrive in Senegal Jan. 6 at about 5:00 am Senegal time! At least my body will be telling me it is 11:00 pm America time!
Every Sunday night we have worship from a different part of the world. The first Sunday night was East Asia. I was sick, so I missed that one. The next Sunday night was Africa. We danced, sang, and had a blast! Everyone loved it! Tonight is South American worship and we have to wear our Sunday best. I have a dress all picked out and ready to go. It should be interesting because they conduct the worship in whatever languages are spoken in that region. Considering that I don't know a lick of Spanish . . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment