Sunday, November 9, 2008

Depending on the Lord

This weekend, as a regional assignment, we used no electricity (except for the stove) and cooked West African food from scratch. I was fun, but quite eye opening as well. For one thing, I had forgotten how long it truly takes to cook from scratch. There are no Lean Cuisines in Senegal! Also, I couldn't go to the movies with my friends, couldn't eat with them, and couldn't even work on my quilt! I realized that I am preparing to go to Senegal without my friends and family. It upset me at first. Being single and moving that far away is somewhat terrifying. But then I remember who I get my strength from. With God, I have no reason to be lonely. He is always with me. He is my Father and my best friend. Besides, I'm going to have some great new friends in Senegal!

On another note, I am feeling 100% better after my sinus and ear infection. Thanks to many prayers and great antibiotics. It is still somewhat hard for me to hear out of my right ear, but it is improving. I feel like an old lady having to tell everyone to speak up because I can't hear them!

Begin praying for everyone this week - shots and immunizations begin next week! Aaaggghhh! I am preparing myself for sore arms and temperatures (shots always make me run a fever).

No comments: