Monday, June 21, 2010

Bug troubles

I am currently sitting in my living room with a bucket nearby ... just in case. ;) I've had an amoeba for the past two weeks and I am finishing up my treatment for it today. Now, I try my hardest not to be whiny when I'm sick, but I really want to right now. I feel like something my cat caught, played with for a few hours, and then laid, half-dead, at the side of my bed. The medecine is worse than the actual amoeba itself! It leaves a metallic taste in your mouth all day and gives you some pretty bad nausea. But I know that by tomorrow it'll be all over and I'll feel much better. Thankfully, today has been cloudy and cooler, so it's not that bad. Sorry, I just needed to whine a little bit!

With that being said, my summer has so far been a good one, amoeba and all! My new house is in a high traffic area, so people are always stopping by. It's good, but as an introvert, I have to really make an effort. Three sweet young ladies just left, as a matter of fact! Sadly, I wasn't up to dancing to Rihanna's "Rude Boy" with them! There's quite a bit of potential with these young ladies. I'm praying about ways I can witness to them - ways I can share the Gospel of Christ with them. Please pray for me as I not only get to know them, but as I share my faith with them. I also pray that my life would be a reflection of Christ to them. I pray that they see that I am different, that there is something different about the way I love. I truly believe that how you live your life is your greatest testimony. Please pray that I will be able to love these young ladies with a Christ-like love.

1 comment:

ItIsTrish88 said...

What three ladies were they?