Friday, October 24, 2008

Freedom from fear

This morning, during my devotional time, I was reading todays entry in "Voices of the Faithful" by Beth Moore. The story was about a village in Central Africa. They had put ash on the roads leading into and out of their village because they believed it kept out a demon that killed people. The verse for today was Hebrews 2:14-15 -- "He himself likewise partook of the same nature, that through death he might destroy him who has the power of death, that is, the devil, and deliver all those who through fear of death were subject to lifelong bondage."

Jesus frees us from the fear of death! Because he came to Earth and died, we have no reason to fear death. Please pray that the people of Africa would come to know that Jesus can free them from their fear of spirits and death. Pray that they would realize that through Jesus and a saving relationship with him, they have no reason to fear. Jesus tells us in John that he is the resurrection and the life and that if we believe in him we will never die!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holly, I'm reading a Billy Graham book. I think it's called Death and the Life After (I would have underlined that, but it won't let me.)Anyway,there's something in there that goes with your post sort of...It talked about...would you rather be hit by a bus or the shadow of the bus? As Christians, only the shadow of death passes over us. Psalm 23 can go along with the freedom of fear from that.
I don't think I explained that well!
:) Loved your post!nikki

MamaKim said...

I just wanted to say--I finally viewed your blog! I was scrolling through old e-mails and found your link. I'd forgotten about it. Great job. I need to do that too...

MamaKim said...

By the way, "Ya Maye" is my Sereer name.